Ingredients for 6 – 8 pancakes
Recipe for VATA
- 1 cup of chick pea flakes
- 1 cup of quinoa flakes
- 2 cups of water
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds
- 1/2 grated carrot
- a generous handful of aromatic herbs (with a preference for coriander)
- Mix all of the flakes into a bowl.
- Add water, soaking until all of the water is absorbed.
- While the flakes are soaking, peel and grate the carrot and chop the herbs.
- Once the water has absorbed, add the cumin seeds, egg, salt, grated carrot and coriander.
- Mix together.
- In a non-stick pan, heat a knob of butter (ghee)
- Ladle a spoonful of batter into the pan.
- Cook each side for 3-4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the pancake.
- Serve warm, alone or with some chutney.
- You can use a cookie cutter to shape the pancakes after they are cooked.